Trezor Wallet and Myetherwallet.com

I’m having trouble finding the answer to this. I have a myetherwallet.com account that contains some ether and some tokens. I recently purchased a Trezor wallet. Can I tie my Trezor to this account or do have to create a new myetherwallet.com account through the Trezor wallet and send all assets from the old myetherwallet.com to the new Trezor myetherwallet.com account.

I dont use Trezor per se but I don’t expect it to be too different form the ledger. It doesn’t really make sense to use your existing wallet since the private key is already exposed online in some sense.

Instead, you’ll use a new wallet which is on the hardware. MEW is just a way to view whats inside the wallet and an interface to interact with the wallet. Your private key never leaves the hardware.

1 Like

Yeah, send from your old etherwallet address to the etherwallet address that your trezor generates. You can’t tie your trezor to other addresses because even if you found a way to store the private keys on trezor for other addresses, those addresses would not be recoverable if something happened to your trezor. The trezor generates your addresses from hashing your public keys which are generated from your 24 seed words

1 Like

I will certainly be transferring my ETH to my nano S as soon as it arrives. I was recently victim to phishing attack and lost all my ETH. My own fault I should have checked the URL which was: www.myethwallet.io

I was lucky in a way, they stole my ETH but left my ERC 20 tokens.

Very sorry to hear what happened to you. It’s the wild west out there unfortunately.

Makes sense. Thanks for the information. Does anyone know if the tokens need sending over as separate transactions?

So that leads to my next question. I went to my Myetherwallet.com account and looked at transferring everything to my Trezor address. I was only given the option to transfer ETH. How to I transfer over all my tokens?

There is a drop down box to the right of the box where you enter your amount to send. Its “ETH” by default, your other token tickers should be listed here. If not you might have to click “Load token balances” first which can be found below your token balances.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @David_Wyness