Trading Assignment: Find an idea

Time for the first Trading Assignment of this course. This time I want you to take a look at a crypto chart and try to find a trading idea. And just like I shared mine in the video, I want you to share yours in this forum thread.

I understand that this assignment can be difficult, but try your best. It doesn’t matter if the idea is good or bad, profitable or not - the point is to find SOMETHING.

1 Like

Buy when low, sell 80% when high hodle a percentage (20% accumulate over time) when your in an upward trend market (maybe execute a position based on a certain pre-set percentage Pip movement) . Visa Versa in a downward trend market. Let your algo sail or surf the waves of the markets…driving you to the direction of a Lamborghini; or take profit once you have enough for a lambo!! opentrade@protonmail.com

Simple starter strategy for XBT (1hr or 30m TF):
Long = RSI(14) <= 30 and MACD Histo Bull Div and MACD signals <= -5
Short = RSI(14) >= 70 and MACD Histo Bear Div and MACD signals >= 5

I use EW and Fib for confluence with this strategy. I’m also testing this strategy with RSI of OBV (RSIa) instead of RSI(14) which gives a better indication of momentum. I published 3 indicators used for this strategy (Triple RSI with div, MACD with div and Demarker) on tradingview if anyone is interested search for [HC] in indicators.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Hank

1 Like

A possible idea is if the MACD “goes positive” and the price crosses the 50-period MA then buy
And if the opposite happens where the MACD “goes negative” and the price crosses the 50-period MA then sell.

1 Like

This is my first basic idea on XBT (TF 1hr).
Long: the price line crosses EMA(24) line cross from below to above.
Short: the price line crosses EMA(24) line cross from above to below.

1 Like

In time resolution 1d:
-Buy when price cross over EMA(21).
-Sell by placing trailing stoploss @ ‘lowest low’ of 7 bars, minus 5 for noise reduction:
[In trading view: “lowest(low, 7) -5”].

1 Like

Products: BTCUSD
Resolution: 15MIN
technical analysis: MACD(12,26,9)
Strategy:
Long when MACD cross over and MACD value<= -3
Close postion when MACD cross over 0 from below
Stop loss at the lowest low of previous 5 bar

1 Like

buy or sell if a candle touches the bollinger band line.

if it touches the downside then buy
if it touches the upside then sell

1 Like

Potential bull on a micro scale:

RSI(14) signal has ranged from <=30 to <50 for extended period (1 month for example) indicating strong buy signal.
Bull Flag presents pushing the RSI(14) >50 and holding above 50 after run.
A triangle pattern begins to form with the horizontal line being the resistance “ceiling”, and the trend line becoming the support “floor”.
Higher lows are created throughout this period presenting an upward trend. The RSI(14) stays equal to or just above the 50 signalling a “stale mate” between buyers and sellers.
As the tip of the triangle draws nearer, the RSI(14) dips just below the 50, presenting a possible breakout to the upside as one of the sides (buyers/sellers) has relinquished their position somewhat. Fake breakout may occur above resistance “ceiling” when RSI(14) retraces above 50, it indicates a potential bull run on a micro scale is about to occur.

1 Like

So far i can come up only with something as simple as

Buy at support level and sell on resistance while in upward trend.
Set the stoploss slightly below support.

Not sure how to formalize it yet ((

1 Like