"Satoshi" Award for the best innovation in Blockchain

For top contribution in Computer Science we have the Turing Prize. Should there be a “Satoshi” Prize of similar kind for innovations in Blockchain. It can be a fully decentralized award and the name of the winner embedded permanently on a blockchain. What do you guys think?

[Reality check: As per 2017 Gartner hype cycle blockchain has entered into the “trough of disillusionment” phase. Hacks and ponzi ICO have been behind this. Genuine prizes like this can motivate true innovations.]

6 Likes

@Mayukh_M I think this is a good idea.
Would be interesting to have a website that tracks not only price … but also innovation where the most innovative projects rank #1 not only the projects that are pumpt up in price the most.
Funny is that Bitcoin would rank verry low :wink:

We can make a ranking where we rank projects not in hype or price but really look at what projects are inovating and developing the best tech. In the Crypto Pub we have people that can bring skills and know how in analysis these projects and ranking them … going to repositories and all other research that is needed is not a one mans job.

The cool thing is that we can make a smart contracts that contributes some funds to the project that we all think that is the most innovative and we can later share the profits …

6 Likes

I like this idea. Essentially getting a fundamental value of a coin and know that it’s market price only reflects whether is currently cheap or expensive to buy it.

2 Likes

Definitely like this idea. Prizes are important signals of quality in a community and we should be encouraging the community to focus on long term investment in quality crypto coins and projects.

3 Likes

I just came across: https://smt.steem.io
I think we have a potential awsome idea for a Steemit ICO…

Now reading over their whitepaper looks interesting and like someting I would like to do.
Who wants to support?

3 Likes

Very interesting indeed. I am working on a project that could use this actually…