For now I would still call this mostly unconfirmed but there is noise appearing around a potential Royal Wedding ICO, aimed at achieving two goals:
- Half of the raised funds will be allocated to three charities chosen by the royal couple
- The other half will help Crown and Country Magazine fund a special edition.
The ICO is allegedly started by the Crown and Country Magazine and underwritten by The ICO Rocket: https://www.theicorocket.io/royal-coin/
More news here: https://cryptocoremedia.com/agazine-ico-royal-wedding/
- Raising money for 3 notable charities
- Creating awareness of crypto currencies to a broader audience
- Positive news for the crypto currency community
- This might help in creating easier access to buying a wide variety of crypto currencies
- This might help in users gaining a better understanding on how to trade in crypto currencies
- As an ICO I don’t see this coin gaining or retaining any value
- If appears to be largely geared towards sponsorship of Crown and Country (50% of proceeds) to publish an extra edition (I have no idea how many people care about this magazine)
Conclusion thus far:
I am not against it because the pros still outweigh the cons, would I ever buy into this ICO, not in a million years.