Pinescript Discussion

Welcome to this discussion thread. Feel free to ask questions or discuss things related to this section.

@filip @ivan

If anyone just starting out is looking for some good pine script resources and code snipets, check out backtest-rookies.com I am not affiliated with them, but when I was learning all this stuff on my own I found them to be a great resource.

Code snip on basic timestamp and other strategy inputs as demostrated by @filip

Nice overview of the Strategy Tester information available (look at Sharp Ratio as well)

Nice overview of how to simulate strategy in a study so you can set alerts (no backtest information available in a study). This is a pain with Tradingview as alerts are not available with Strategy (supposidly to be added in 2019) and Strategy Tester is not available with Study… so I found it was helpful to tune a strategy, then convert it to study and set alerts to forward test.

If anyone has any other pine related resource please do share… ;o)

2 Likes

Hi Filip,
Can you provide me the link in tradingview you mentioned in the video.
Kr. Roland

SOrry about that, I have included it in the lectures now.

here it is : https://www.tradingview.com/study-script-reference

Hi @filip, first of all thank you for great course. I started from scratch and I learned a lot.
But I don`t understand one thing about the pine script.
Is the pine script only for developing startegies and backtesting, or can I use my pine script as a trading bot and execute it to live exchange? Is there any way?
Or is necessary to use javascript language to program trading bot?

Regards

Thank you very much, I appreciate your feedback. You can use pinescript to trade as well, by using some of the trading partners tradingview has.

Hi @filip,

Great course, thanks !

I’m not sure I get why the result varies with the initial capital. Which parameter causes this variation ?

Cheers

The absolute result or the percentage result? Could either way depend on how large of a position you take.

The percentage result