Introduce yourself

Hi everyone! My name is Jay and I have been in crypto for the past eight months, mainly mining as a hobby and now looking to learn about the programming side of crypto. I have been a programming student for a number of years, although not professionally…just for fun. I love technology and the logic of programming, so I think Ivan’s Academy will be a perfect way to combine these two interests! Thank you Ivan for making this available!

1 Like

They call me Crash, mostly because of my mad skills with motor vehicles and great coordination. After being fired after a long term career as a Paramedic, I tripped and fell into a tech job, and now am getting a crash-course in coding, ethereum, and everything else IT.
I live at the peak of the Rust Belt in the USA, and when I am not on my computer, i am wrangling housecats or breaking motorcycles.

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Kris Gurusamy. I’ve been learning Blockchain technology on and off and took fundamental course. I’m very interested to learn programming, latest trends in technology, entrepreneurial opportunities and technology architecture. Very grateful to be part of this group.

1 Like

What’s up guys, joining this coding course. I found out about the tech and philosophy in dec 2017. I found out a lot on how both Bitcoin and Ethereum work. In March I made my own GPU miner. In april I started learning python for another purpose(perception neuroscience in virtual reality). I love blockchain tech and I can see this being a career for me; at the same time if I find that going this deep into isn’t ideal then that’s pretty cool too. I tried! XP

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Naomi and I am 19 years old. I have been involved in the cryptocurrency space for the last two years, predominantly as a trader. Philosophically, I am an anarchist-voluntaryist. Whichever word more suits you. I believe cryptocurrency has the potential to bring about more economic freedom than any technology before it. I am extremely excited to further my skills in programming so I can better participate in the future of this industry.

2 Likes

Hi I am Jonas

I want to know the tech behind crypto and start learning

1 Like

Hey all. I’m from Pittsburgh, PA and work in blockchain (marketing) and am a programmer and crypto philosophy writer/podcaster, but have never done any blockchain-related programming before.

I think it’s an essential skill to add these days for anyone who wants to prepare for the future. Super excited to ramp this course.

When I’m not doing anything crypto, I learn other (spoken) languages, perform on the piano, and work with non-profit children’s rights organizations. In the latter, I’ve seen a lot of suffering in this world from various kinds of corruption, so I want to see a world where decentralization helps cut back majorly on corruption.

1 Like

Hi Roman here ,a cryptoenthusiast and I want to learn some programming.

1 Like

Hi All, My name is Kuppa. I currently work as a structural engineer. Was introduced to crypto/blockchains towards the end of 2017. Ever since, I have been trying to learn what I can. I am excited to be able to take the smart contracts course. I hope to eventually transition my career into something blockchain related.

1 Like

im doing this to learn for my uncle

1 Like

Hi my name is Dinesh Kumar and I am from Malaysia.
I really want to learn everything there is about blockchain technology. Was always interested in programming since late 90’s but circumstances has driven me into being a medical doctor rather than a software engineer! So yeah, I am finally into this to make my passion come through and I totally believe blockchain is going to change the future of our entire system for the better.

2 Likes

Hi there!

my name is Carlos, I come from Spain but I am currently living in Brussels, Belgium. I started basic programming with my dad when I was a child and Ivan on Tech Academy seems to be the best way to catch up with my past and passion for Blockchain.

I am convinced that knowledge on (blockchain) programming will become more and more important in the coming years not only in the professional but also in the personal sphere as well. Therefore, I am very motivated to start the training!

1 Like

sending good vibes to everyone!

1 Like

Hey all,
I’m Brad, I’ve been programming for finance companies for 20 years.
I love crypto technology. I see so many real world use cases in the finance sector, and just business in general that I wanted to know as much as I can about blockchain programming so I could build custom things myself faster than trying to hire someone.

I already made some free public tools for the crypto world, make use of my profile to learn more.

Glad to be here learning blockchain programming!

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Jordan, I turned 30 years old this year and I live in Strasbourg, France.
I’ve been working in IT for 7 years, 4 years as a helpdesk technician and 3 years as a system admin but I know nothing about developpement . My specialty is to solve problems, so that might come in handy while developping !

I’ve been getting familiar with blockchain for 9 months now and after the early excitement of investing and getting more money I realized that I needed to create content if I wanted to go anywhere in this space, which is why I’m taking this course.
I’m looking forward to learn new things with Ivan and all of you :smiley:

In my free time, I like to play video games like Hearthstone, Diablo2/3 (hardcore mode only), Rocket League or PUBG, go to festivals (Rock Werchter, Rock Im Park …) and drink any beer that I haven’t already tried :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Guys!
My name is Max, I’m 22 and I live in London :uk:
I’ve been very interested into a blockchain space from the beginning of 2017.
Last year I’ve created a Cass Blockchain Society at Cass Business School where I’m studying and we aim to educate people through different kind of events and meet ups. We’ve managed to meet hundreds of Londoners and help them understand this technology more in depth.
I’m more business-oriented person thinking how can blockchain technology help the world to prosper in a better way, and I am especially interested in the field of improving the live of unbanked people.
Ivan’s way of selling the content and sense of humour is great and his morning live videos is how I start my day!
Blockchain space just blows up my mind and I really want to know more and more!
Happy to be here!:grinning:

1 Like

Hello all!

My name is Jonathan, you can call me Jon or Jonny for short. I got into blockchain last year mostly investing into crypto, but willing to learn more about blockchain and how it operates. I’ve been thinking about getting into programming for awhile now but have no experience. I hope to learn from all of you guys and help others in the future!

1 Like

Hello, I’m Jeff, I got started in Crypto-currency rather recently. So being new to the field, im here to learn the ins and outs

1 Like

Hi guys!

My name is Justin, originally from Namibia but living in South Africa for now.
I’m super excited about the entire blockchain space and really wanted to start getting involved in anyway that I can. Naturally programming seemed to be the right step.
I’m super excited to learn from all of you and can’t wait to see where this can go :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am Marcel born in the Netherlands. I live on the beautiful tropical island Bali for the last 5 years. I am a freelance web developer mainly in Wordpress. Before that I was a system engineer for a dutch company. I started a dutch crypto news site called crypto-gids.nl. The last couple of year i used a lot of cryptocurrencies to send money around the world. As i love tech I did wanna know a lot more about cryptocurrencies. So I sign up for the course.

3 Likes