Introduce yourself

Hi everyone! I am Ryan.
You can call me Loup (pronounced: “Loop”).
I’m new to programming.
It is an absolute pleasure to be here learning with you.
Thanks for this amazing learning platform Ivan!

1 Like

Hi, Folks!

My name is Jim, I am a Business Developer + Full Stack Developer.
I am working in IT for 25+ years and I already programmed a bunch of different languages: Logo, Basic, ANSI C, X++, PHP, Javascript, … I am currently working programming Angular 5 and Go.

I am German+Brazilian and currently I live in Berlin.

My interests includes Business, Fintech, Crypto, Money and Investments and entrepreneurship.

2 Likes

Hi all,
New to this platform, bit late this month with initiating the course, but looking forward to digging deeper into what is on offer. I already like what I am seeing and the feel it gives. Work full time as a Product Development Scientist in the molecular cancer diagnostics field. Always fascinated by novel technology and where it will bring us, like the saying “Science is the new religion”. Have been participating in the block-chain space for more than a year and it has been a dramatic/intense rodeo ride. Relieved that I am still up on initial investment, but want to broaden my knowledge and understand more from a fundamental perspective and not only participate as a retail investor. Looking forward to interactions and hope to contribute as much as I can along this journey with you all.
Cheers everyone,
Peter

2 Likes

Hi Im Mark from Slovenia (EU).

Im rookie but hope next year I will become sophomore… maybe someday an all-star and at the end of journey a Hall of Fammer.

(y)

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I am a crypto enthusiast with too much time on my hands. Gotta roll it off somehow. Might as well learn more about where my interests lay. So, here I am. Hit me up and say hello. Always up for a good chat. Ivan, you are a truly talented individual. Your passion, honesty & good intentions do not go unnoticed. Keep spreading the word… I think you might be onto something.

2 Likes

Hello Guys, just started the training snd still in 1% but enjoying it all the way.

My name is Kenn from Nigeria and really would like to start blosckchain programming school in my Nigeria as there is very little knowledge bu thanks to Ivan’s school. I have been interested in the blockchain for about 8 months now and still loving it, I invest in blockchain start ups and would love to meet more people.
See you on the chat guys

1 Like

Hi From Melbourne Australia, been following Ivan since last year and I’m looking to bring blockchain technology to other parts of the world and also learn how to program in blockchain technology.

1 Like

I’m taking this class with a friend. 24 years old from socal. I’m Vietnamese. Studying python and finance.

1 Like

Hey everybody, I’m in Los Angeles. I’m a business analyst/recent college grad and got involved with bitcoin years ago but sold smh. Anywho, I’m here to take my intermediate coding and interest in decentralization and blockchain technology to the next level. Looking to make the transition into blockchain full time. I’m familiar with java, r, and some data visualization tools. See ya in the forum!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Introduce yourself:

Hello. My name is Aedan and I’m addicted to Heavy Metal and checking CoinMarketCap. Excited to be here and to learn about programming, thanks Ivan and team.

Hey!

My name is Marcin and I am a scientist. I work as an R&D engineer in an international organization.

I am passionate about nature, science and technology.

I discovered bitcoin in 2014 and since then I am fascinated by it, other cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies in general.

I use science and technology to positively impact the world around me and I believe that blockchain is a new powerful tool which will help me to further do that.

I believe that grassroots movement around bitcoin and blockchain has a potential to revolutionize the world around us and I wish to stay a part of it and make it grow.

3 Likes

Hi everybody, I’m Roeland and I’m into crypto for about 1,5 years now and keen on learning the tech behind it and what blockchain has to offer.

1 Like

Hello all,
Hi Vanka,
I am Miroslav from Bulgaria. Aaand I am anonymous crypto user. Just kidding. I am interested in programming in general. Not a (big) programmer but I like the exact statement. However. Recently I started SWIFT course and had some C++ skills. I think crypto is future. That’s why I am here - to learn, adapt, improve!

If there are ppl around me - we can keep in touch - PM me.

To the MOON :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi to all,
I’m Jacques from Montreal. I’ve been programming on my own since the early 80’s, for my own practical uses.

While studying law in the 70’s I imagined a way to improve research which was programmable, and could be used in any field, not just law. I used this method in a manual way twice, and the results were very positive. It brought my family 2M$ in the mid 90’s. This method is not difficult to program, but it is a huge undertaking, and only a group of people can actually build it. It provides a quick overview of how the most important concepts interrelate with each other in any domain.

I also imagined a way to learn to play music by ear in my twenties, which I only began applying 20 years ago. It turns out that this method, the interval method, actually shows us how to organize music theory in the most efficient way possible. It is based upon the twelve notes of the octave, rather than the seven tones of the major scale. It allows anyone to read and write music nearly instantly, by providing the clearest visual cues. We learn to play by ear by clearly seeing the key and scale we are playing in. I would say this method is ten times more efficient overall than classical musical theory. This project is much too big for me alone, and also requires group participation to be realized.

I’ve imagined other programs in my mind, but these two are the most important. Except for music, the programs require that the users, their requests, and the results be anonymous. Thus the need for blockchain technology.

I hope to find people who are attracted to these projects and are willing to work on them on this forum. These programs are universal in their application, and you are all invited to join in on their construction.

(This is an aside, but I’m trying to imagine a way in which people can express themselves publicly without revealing their identity, that is, truly anonymously. Presently, as soon as we express our opinions on the web, governments can trace the communication back to our computers, leaving us open to attack and punishment. Is this possible or impossible? Any thoughts on this subject would be welcome as well.)

All the best to you.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Joe and I’m brand stinking new to programming and scared as hell. I’ve got to be the rookie of all rookies on here and I’m 59 years old! I’m a ex-attorney by profession that now makes a living as an executive recruiter. I couldn’t stand the lawyers, even when I was one!! I’ve been involved in crypto and blockchain for a little over a year now and have seen the highs and lows of investing.
Big respect to Ivan for the big step of teaching programming from scratch. Between him and this community, I know I will learn a whole lot and hopefully I’ll be able to share my life knowledge as well to enrich some of you. Ivan seems to know a lot about programming and between him and him team, we all have plenty to gain. I look forward to sharing with all of you.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am from Colombia and have been studying the blockchain technology and the crypto ecosystem for about a year now. I have very little programming experience, so I anticipate to learn a lot in this course and hopefully contribute to the conversations.
All the best,
Crazywagon

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m Richard and 56 years old. After closing my recruitment agency in England in 1989 I moved to Asia. For the past 20 years, I’ve lived in Myanmar and been trading precious stones. Technology isn’t one of this countrie’s strengths so possibly I could trump ‘goaley45’ on rookie status! We only got usable internet here within the last 5-10 years.
Bitcoin came across my radar in 2013 but didn’t look into. About July '17 I did look into it and have been completely hooked ever since. I need to know more about what’s under the hood - that’s why I signed up to the ‘smart contract programming’ course - and so I can understand more when I get to my next Thailand Bitcoin meetup!

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Dmitry, I got into crypto around January February. I FOMOed in like a lot of people. After losing a lot of money I finally decided to figure out why. And now I am in love with crypto (didn’t get my money back yet LOL). I live, breath ,eat crypto all day long now.
My background is in Business Development in the software industry, among other thing. I would like to learn programing to get a better understanding from the business perspective. Just updated my resume on linked-in and here what it says:

My worldview:

I love the Crypto space! I love the HYPE, the FUD, what the technology can do for society, and what it can do financially for me on a personal level. Distributed ledger technology will spark a third industrial revolution as it creates a fully functioning shared global economy. The bubble that we are about to see will be magnificent even compared to the internet bubble because, all of the technology and benefits the internet now provides weren’t around then.
Most projects we know today will fail, and new ones will emerge. dApps, lApps and the like will run on Ethereum, NEO, ICON or some other as yet unknown platform. New computer languages will be born and die, today’s leaders of the industry will become obscure while unknown newcomers will arrive on the scene and disrupt every industry without exception.
The market is immature and volatile, it’s like the wild wild west out there. Separating truth from fiction will take skills and hard work, but the rewards will be awesome. Witnessing and being a part of revolution gives me chills. This is an exciting time to be alive, and I am happy to dedicate my next and final career to Crypto.

2 Likes

Hi, I am originally from California and currently living in Spain. I have a passion for disruptive technology and cooking. Trying to figure out how to bring the 2 passions together. :smiley: I am currently working with a blockchain platform as an ambassador but I would like to get more technical knowledge. Hope to gain a lot of knowledge from this course. :woman_student:t2:

2 Likes

Hello. I’m a mechanical engineer. I have never programmed before. I have been following cryptocurrencies since August 2016. I spend most of my day listening to youtubers talk about cryptocurrencies including ivan’s channel (I hardly miss a video). I am very much interested in learning how to program, so I enrolled with Ivan’s smart contract course before June 2018. Looking forward to learning programming from scratch to current relevant applications in crypto, blockchain, website frontend and backend design etc. I want to learn as much as possible

2 Likes