Introduce yourself

Hey everyone!

My name is Adam and I am an aspiring developer. Most of my IT background is in network engineering but I know my way around HTML, CSS, and some JS. I am also the son of an old school programmer (started his career in the '70s) so I have been around it most of my life. Blockchain technology has truly inspired me and I want to learn as much as I can. I am also a crypto analyst for the YouTube channel Altcoin Buzz!

Outside of that I am huge into strength and conditioning. My wife and I love to hike and design t-shirts for fun. I spend way too much money watching comic book movies in the theaters multiple times. Overall I am aiming to design a life where all I do is code, hike, and strength train!

2 Likes

Well Hi All,

Im Phil from the UK. Im really keen to learn about blockchain not only from an investor level but also from the technology sapect. Its been a long while since I did any programming and I am looking forward to doing this course. I really appreciate that Ivan and Filip have put this course together. I hope that my brain which has not been put to use in this way for some time will switch on again !

Look forward to keeping in touch on this forum…Good luck to all :smile:

1 Like

I have a very basic coding experince and knowledge,
Pascal at college, flunked C++ ( or was not really with it at college) at university dabbled with HTML and Java but nothing serious opting for more soft subject like HCI (Human Computer Interaction) all back in the mid 90s and early 2000s since then I’ve made myself pretty much obsolete on a computer programming skills level :rofl:

I just remembered at age 7 i copied a whole book of BASIC code to make a little pixel man walk across a screen endlessley. Thinking back now, to think i successfully managed to copy the code and make it run makes me wonder now…but i remember not being very impressed at the time and not being interested to do that again preferring to watch He-Man cartoons instead!

1 Like

Hey
Noob here,
Insurance agency principal in the central us ( Quad cities, IA) on the Mississippi River.
Looking forward to learning something new.

1 Like

Hi
I have worked with SAP , now getting into blockchain

1 Like

My name is Rafael, I run a residential mortgage fund, and look to learn how to program in the blockchain for future development in the residential mortgage space. i’ve invested in crypto for over a year. Feel this is the future and look forward to working together to learn more about programming and developing interesting projects.

I live in Miami Florida, I CrossFit and spend a bit of time in the water boating.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Thane, I have been interested in the blockchain / cryptocurrency space for quite some time now and I am here to learn about smart contract programming and hopefully contribute to the community.

My education background is in mathematics. Programming wise I mainly deal with Python, R and SQL on a professional basis. I have worked in the gambling / sports betting industry and I am curious to see what blockchains / cryptocurrencies will bring to this domain.

Kudos to Ivan for producing great content :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Haha, you sound just like me in the programing space;] Good job getting back into it!

Hello everyone, just managed to sit down for half an h to introduce myself, but will be involved more in a few weeks I hope. I have very little programming knowledge and hope this will not be over my head. I can speak a few languages, so it is just another few to learn I guess. I am from Lithuania originally, but live in Canberra, Australia, for over 5 years. Got involved in crypto research about a year ago and it just became too exciting to just watch it. At the moment in the process of establishing Capital Blockchain centre in Canberra, my background is in events and hospitality, so I am connecting business and government as well as wider community with the rest of the team.

Hope to be of help in the future! The future is now;] just had to say it;]

Peace

2 Likes

Hi Im bruce from brisbane australia

1 Like

Bruce here never programmed before invested in lots of crypto’s included EOS ,
trying to do an ICO in next few months

My name is Pawel and I work as a project manager and software developer. I love programming and new technologies. That is why blockchain technology does really turn me on these days. I like to read and learn new stuff which I can use on daily basis. I’m relatively new to this stuff since I started to put my interest in blockchain technology in early april 2018. I live in Ustroń, Poland where I also work - remotely most of the time.

When I’m not programming or manageing the projects I care for my wife and kids (I have two of them boy - 7 years old and girl - 5 years old) and I practice some sports - mostly gym and running at the moment.

2 Likes

Hey guys, my name is Vantum. I’m grateful for this opportunity to pioneer the next wave of technology and am happy to be apart of the team.

1 Like

Hi there all,

I am Jeroen Boers and am following the blockchain space for a year now. Ivan has the best courses available. My background is marketing and economics.

Very excited to be on this forum. Thank you Ivan.

1 Like

HI all, I’m Michael and i have been following Ivan for a little while now. I’m very new this space and programming.

1 Like

Hi All, I am Nick from London UK. I am excited to be starting the Blockchain Programming course, having enjoyed Ivan’s informative Youtube channel. I have been in the Crypto space for around 2 years and really believe that the decentralized approach of blockchain technology can bring about positive change and inclusion that our world needs! It’s an exciting time to be alive and part of it - Ho!

2 Likes

Hi. I’m Darrin,

I’m an experienced software developer but have had no exposure to blockchain technology so I signed up to Ivan On Tech’s Academy in the hope of extending my programming skills into the blockchain arena, especially into EOS.

Nice to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ivan, hi guys,

I’m 49 y.o., living in Sofia, Bulgaria, working for a consulting firm in the area of finance and accounting.

I got into bitcoin in 2014. Ïdeologically" I was fascinated by its potential to provide decentralised solutions, embedding rules without rulers, governance without governments, and regulations without regulators. Financially I liked the asymmetry of the huge upside, driven by the exponential growth of all successful new technologies, and the limited downside of my investment (“Invest only what you can afford to lose”!").

In late 2017 I was impressed and inspired by the proposition (Andreas Antonopoulos’ book The Ïnternet of Money") that we should seek exposure to the crypto revolution beyond just staring at the computer screen for how much our investment has been affected by the most recent price changes, but find a job in that area. In one of his videos Ivan explained that broadly speaking there are two routes in that direction - you either join a project (e.g. as a programmer / developer) or you educate others. Looking forward I consider endeavouring on the latter one - I have zero programming experience, but in my current job do a lot of trainings and know I’m good at doing that. However, I want to get some idea of and skills in coding. Since I enjoyed Ivan’s Blockchain Deep Fundamentals earlier course, now i jump into the programming one.

I like motorcycles!

1 Like

Heya,

No longer able to bear the visible disappointment crushing Ivan’s soul for everyday that goes by without me completing my intro, my will to resist has been broken…

I am a 40 year old Sales and Marketing guy who has lived in six countries and both coasts of the US. These days I spend most of my days in San Francisco when not traveling for work. I fell backwards into a tech career when I became a co-founder of cloud PaaS company about 7 years ago; at that time I really knew very little beyond the basics.

I have never programmed anything before–well, maybe one or two ‘Hello World’ apps here and there–and have been studying Blockchain intensely for the last 10 months or so. Ivan has been a tremendous influencer an educator throughout my journey.

Thanks, Ivan. Looking forward to getting started on the programming course!

2 Likes