If I go from USA to Europe, with crypto can I transfer USD to EUR more cheaply than a bank?

If I go from USA to Europe, with crypto can I transfer USD to EUR more cheaply than a bank?

I have heard of how great crypto is going to be for years now. Read about it all the time, listen/read to 1 hour of crypto content a day on average (minimum).

But when I go to vacation in europe, I find myself at the local bank at the airport, paying a fee to get euros…

How can I do this more cheaply with crypto, and if I cant why not?

1 Like

Well just pay the fee for the bank its more easy

This is what you can do
YOu can bring your bitcoin when you have them on your electrum wallet or trust wallet to europe and of course use bitcoin here BUT in order to get cash for your bitcoin you need to have an account on a site that pays out in EUR (i would recommend (bitpanda)https://tinyurl.com/y2e478oq)
it might be possible to even set up an account on there in the US and than you can choose what payout method you want. I do think you can choose eur or dollar - and payout is to bank account.

The other option is use you a Bitcoin atm in europe they are all over the place- the downside on this are the fees- so it might be just easier and quicker to excahnge $ for € at the airport.