Hyperledger Implementation - Discussion

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t a big deal, but it seems that in this section “Hyperledger Implementation”, the video " Tweaking the Network" makes reference of a previous video which is not in the play list. I assume that the previous video shows how to get into the playground and shows all the different tabs and files in that view. Maybe for some people this might be misleading, so if you have time, please update the playlist.

Thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed now. One intro video was missing.

The composer platform overview video was quite helpful to me, as a non-programmer. It was very easy to follow Filip’s instructions and play around with the composer blockchain.

3 Likes

Hi.
Just FYI. Within Composer i see , when trying to select a sample network, you get the error “Error: could not get any sample networks”. So you cannot proceed. However if you use the following link it does show the sample networks. https://composer-playground-unstable.mybluemix.net/
Regards
Paul

1 Like

@filip As of Aug 29th 2019: Hyperledger Composer has been officially deprecated. :frowning:
EDIT: Just so you know. Playground still works though which is cool!

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately :cry: Most of the information in the course is about hyperledger fabric, which is still being developed. But composer was a good tool just to play around with.

Maybe we replace it with something else in a future update.

4 Likes

@filip Looks like the playground is taken down.

4 Likes

Thanx for letting us know. We will take a look at it.
Ivo

1 Like

Any updates on this? Long time have passed

3 Likes

Yes, we are currently working on recording an update to the course. It will be out as soon as all the production is done. Unfortunately, there is no replacement tool for Hyperledger Composer that I can just add to the course. There are only more advanced tools that are made for fully-fledged developers, and this course is not meant to be a course on Hyperledger development.

Adding the composer to the course was in order to give you a little practical example of how it all works. All the knowledge in the course about Hyperledger Fabric is still up to date and that product is not directly tied to the composer.

8 Likes

I’ve just now reached this section, only see this;
“Hyperledger Composer, which is used in this course, has been deprecated and is currently not available. That means that following this course section is not possible until we find a replacement. It’s our top priority to find one.”
So now I’m worried I have gotten this far only to find out I cannot complete this section. If I am misreading this please let me know, but if not that is wrong no one at least warned us that this section couldn’t be completed ahead of time. I could have been working on another section instead, I’ve wasted a week only to find out I may not be able to get a certificate for this section. Not cool if that’s the case.

1 Like

Read the post from Filip above yours. :wink:

Just continue as normal.

Ivo

1 Like

Appreciate the response. I Will continue, thanks!

1 Like

So for the moment just continue with the course right??

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m doing because this portion of the course is really to understand use cases to present as models to clients and to intelligently manage a project, not actually do the code.

2 Likes

Nice answer. Thanx for helping. :wink:

1 Like

As of the 29th August 2019, the Hyperledger Composer project is in deprecated status

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like
3 Likes

I see you are working on recording an update to this session of the course. Ok, will skip it for now then!
I await further instructions. Cheers.

3 Likes