Human Computer Interaction & Prototyping

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

11 Likes

Hi Filip, great course! By SRS you are referring to Software Requirements Specification?

3 Likes

Yes! And sorry about that @Ace. SRS and SDD was not supposed to be mentioned in that video. We moved the wireframing video to the beginning after it was recorded. SRS and SDD will be covered later. In order to avoid confusion I have edited the video and uploaded one without the mentions of those.

9 Likes

totally fine, enjoying the course.

Hi Filip,
which website or online offering do you recommend for the early testing phases of a prototype? I think there should be any online offerings out there where real users test a prototype for a small amount of money. I would be happy if you could give me / us some information.

Thanks in advance
Dejan

4 Likes

Hello friend. Please, please, please. I know there are many formal and informal ways to present information. Especially in a course one is taking to learn. But, please, NEVER say again that you have not tested yet an app on the video you are selling to users. Selling tip!. It doesn´t look professional. Minute 2:47

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends on what you mean. I’m sure you can find people that will test your prototype or app for bugs etc. But in terms of product development, you always want to test the app with your target user group, that is difficult to find online. That’s my experience at least.

2 Likes

I can only emphasize your point. HCI is very bad in any BC Project.

3 Likes

Hi Filip,
Looking good so far.
Just a small note; quiz 3/3, I think you mean “Why” are wireframes important.:wink:

Best.

Thank you for pointing that out. I have corrected it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very important things, thank you for this lecture

1 Like

Just got started with this, hope to send in a question soon. Thank you @filip

1 Like

My experience with many technologies is that most of my peers see no use for a tech that 5 years later everyone is using. During testing time how do you find early adopters? Instead of people reluctant to change that just follow the masses.

2 Likes

Well, if you are having a hard time finding people that like your product/service or find it useful. Then there is a large chance that your product won’t be successfull when released. Maybe it’s too early for that product/technology, maybe your product isn’t good enough or maybe you are looking for people in the wrong user group.

1 Like

The cases I was referring to are successful products like Netflix, Chrome, Facebook and IPhone.

Maybe its an issue of wrong user group and the product vision not being clearly defined. I am more referring to how to find for example Bitcoin 2012 user vs 2020 users.

I often find myself using and recommending I start using just to see them be used years later.

3 Likes

WHOA!

This video I REALLY like! It is VERY insight-driven! We MUST build useful things! Well done, Filip! BTW: you have an amazing voice! My compliments!

2 Likes

Scored 3/3, brother!

1 Like

Thank you Michael! Appreciate it.

1 Like

**Which type of developer programs the code that users interact with directly?
Front End

In web-development, what languages does a frontend developer typically use?
HTML, CSS, JavaScript

Which type of developer is responsible for making sure the logic of the application runs smoothly?
Back End

Which type of developer is responsible for handling databases?
Back End

Which languages can you use in order to communicate with a database (give 2 examples)?
MySQL, Oracle.**

1 Like