Frontend, Backend, Databases (Stanford Bonus Lecture)

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

2 Likes

That was a really good lecture. I think it might have been a bit lengthy. I was motoring through the course until I got to this one. It took me a few disconnected sessions to get through it. Guess I have a short attention span. The mobile discussion, alone, made the whole hour worth it.

1 Like

Crucial part of the course to summarize and bring everything together! Great job Ivan!
Curation worthwhile; the entire course is excellent.

Definitely a good video to put it all together.

Yes, found quite a bit of information helpful. I wasn’t able to watch above 1.25 play speed, lots to consume in this one…

Michael,
I have been watching many video’s at 1.25 speed or 1.5 speed sometimes if people talk really slow. Just an idea, it may help you keep focused.
Not tring to fix anything that isn’t broken, just I know what you mean during certain parts of the long lecture.
YC

Wow, what a great lecture! I see now the value of attending Ivy League schools… especially if lecturers like him are commonplace.

Glad I can watch videos at 2x speed comfortably :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great lecture, I particularly enjoyed and recommend the Database structure example (starts around 35min). The lecturer take an easy and concrete example of an online shop and demonstrate the importance of Database optimisation. He also compare, using this example, MySQL database and a NoSQL (MongoDB) database.

Frontend, Backend, Databases and Mobile — Stanford Lecture (watched it straight-thru, for continuity…);very good reference material on DBs…

Very good lecture, good explanation about SQL ans NoSQL databases, but it is from Harvard, not from Stanford.

3 Likes

Excellent lecture :- :grinning: :100:

My video was a Harvard University CS for Business Professionals from the School of Continuing Education. David is phenomenal! He kept my attention for the whole hour!

This section mentioned a Stanford lecture but this was definitely Harvard.

1 Like

While generic it was still a good overview. But the title is probably a cosmetic mistake because it was a lecture at Harvard (with a few references about it in the video)

1 Like

An interesting lecture, a bit déjà vú in some parts.

1 Like

It was a hefty, but was packed with great and absolutely necessary basic info concerning database and related backend/frontend tech. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Thanks for the Bonus,
but I liked the explanation and lectures of Ivan more… :heart_eyes:

Angela

1 Like

These CS50 lectures are an excellent complement to the course!

1 Like

I was not able to access the lecture.

1 Like

Hello @alexandretamara, hope you are great.

Try this one, is the same video we have in the lesson:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

That’s the second lecture I’ve watched him give. Excellent, can’t remember the last time I could focus on a lecture for over 60 minutes.

1 Like