Console - Reading Assignment

1. What is the console used for? The console is used as a part of the web development process and permits to interact and monitor JavaScript expressions within the page’s context.
2. How do you open the Console in Google Chrome? I use the keyboard shortcut COMMAND + OPTION + J on macOS or open the top-right menu and select More Tools and Developer Tools.
3. What does console.log function do? It logs our instructions to the console, so we can receive the output.
4. How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console? By carrying out JavaScript expressions that interact with the HTML page.

1 Like
  • What is the console used for?
    The Console can be used to log information as part of the JavaScript development process, as well as allow you to interact with a web page by carrying out JavaScript expressions within the page’s context. Essentially, the Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demand.
  • How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
    _ The easiest way is to press CTRL+ SHIFT+ J_
  • What does console.log function do?
    Instead of working with results we need to pop out of we can use console.log and the result of the command shows up on the console
  • How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
    adding this code to the head of the document allows you to edit html in the console
    < meta charset=“UTF-8”>
    < meta name=“viewport” content=“width=device-width, initial-scale=1”>
1 Like
  1. The Console can be used to log information as part of the JavaScript development process, as well as allow you to interact with a web page by carrying out JavaScript expressions within the page’s context. Essentially, the Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demand.
  2. By clicking CTRL + SHIFT + J on Linux or Windows, or COMMAND + OPTION + J on macOS.
  3. Rather than having pop-up alerts that we need to continue to click out of, we can work with JavaScript by logging in to the Console with console.log.
  4. You can not change permanently the contents of an HTML page. Bear in mind that as soon as you reload a page following modifying it with the Console, it will return to its state prior to your modifying the document
1 Like
  1. The console is used for logging informations from the JS program. It also lets you write JS command on demand.

2. go to any website, ctrl + shift + i,click console

3. console.log logging information in the console window.

4. you can change the content of te document object model through changing the value of variables like “document.body.innerHTML”.

1 Like

Hello! Nice attempt to answer the questions.

With question 4 you can interact with the homepage by changing changing variables in “document”.
document.body.innerhtml = "Dog"
seem to change the html in body to “Dog”

tried it on some random website, all the content disappeared and only Dog remained :smiley:

Keep up the good work buddy!

1 Like

Thanks ill go back over the topic. I think you can only edit the HTML through the console on your own page. But i could be wrong :thinking:

1 Like
What is the console used for?
  • to interact directly with the web page with the ability to modify javascript, html, css, network activity and others
    How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
  • ctrl-option-j on a mac, ctrl-windows-j on windows
    What does console.log function do?
  • allow output to be printed to the browser console for debugging purposes.
    How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
  • yes, but refreshing the page will bring back original page - changes are not saved.
1 Like

1- The Console can be used to log information as part of the JavaScript development process, as well as allow you to interact with a web page by carrying out JavaScript expressions within the page’s context. Essentially, the Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demand.

2- To open the JavaScript Console in Chrome, you can navigate to the menu at the top-right of your browser window signified by three vertical dots in a row. From there, you can select More Tools then Developer Tools.
chrome-developer-tools-menu
This will open a panel where you can click on Console along the top menu bar to bring up the JavaScript Console if it is not highlighted already:

You can also enter into the JavaScript Console by using the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + J on Linux or Windows, or COMMAND + OPTION + J on macOS, which will bring focus immediately to the Console.

3-with console.log. we’ll ’ll receive the following output such as : to print Strings like “Hello world”,to perform maths like 8, and comlicapted maths like 148048930.17230788,…

4- We can change the contents of an HTML page through the console using JavaScript functions such as document.body.innerHTML , document.body.style.backgroundColor and so on .

1 Like
  1. What is the console used for?
    It can be used to collect logs/information and interact with the webpage.

2. How do you open the console in Google Chrome?
    CTRL+SHIFT+i on windows.

3. What does console.log function do?
    It logs whatever is written withing the paranthesis and outputs in the console log.

4. How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
    You double click on the element you would like to modify and make the changes

1 Like
  1. What is the console used for? --> console use for debugging, or trace the code
  2. How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
    –> right click the console, press inspect
  3. What does console.log function do?
    –> you can add console.log between any lines of code, if program run this function, it output a log in the console, it is easy to trace the program if the program is large
  4. How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
    –> you set the HTML element a id, and in the javascript code, use document.getElementById(“id”).innerHTML = newHTML to modify HTML
1 Like

What is the console used for?

The console is used to log information from the program.

How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?

You may look through the menu of the browser and look for Developer tools or use the keyboard shortcut:
Windows/Linux: CTRL + SHIFT + j
macOS: COMMAND + OPTION + j

What does console.log function do?

It displays the output that you pass into it.

How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?

When talking about the console as in the one inside of a web browser, you may change the contents of an HTML page by executing JavaScript expressions into it.

1 Like
  1. To write, manage and monitor JavaScript by carrying out JacaScript expressions on within the pages context without saving the code.
  2. Menue, top-right corner of browser window - More tools - Developer Tools, there you click “Console”.
  3. Testing a JavaScript function without executing it in the browser, the output is generated in teh console.
  4. By using the “document.” object
1 Like

1.The console allow you to write, manage and monitor Javascript on demand.
2.Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the browser, click more tools , then developer tools.
3.The console.log uses javascript to take an input and create an output.
4.You use javascript through the console to manipulate the HTML code.

1 Like

What is the console used for? It’s one of several Tabs reading and responding to Source. Console provides a command line like interface for developing code within the browser
How do you open the Console in Google Chrome? CNTRL + SHIFT + J
What does console.log function do? directs output to the console
How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console? : Double-click a selected DOM element and make changes. But it is important to keep in mind that you’re not changing the HTML document when you do things on the Console. In this case, once you reload the page it will return to a blank document.

1 Like
  1. The console is used as an interface terminal to work with JavaScript.
  2. The console can be open in chrome by clicking the three dots to the right or the browser, then more tools and in more tools click developers tools.
  3. The console.log function keeps the code within the console instead of it running in the background on the webpage.
  4. The contents of an HTML page can be changed through the console by clicking the elements tab any double clicking the part of the HTML text you want to change.
1 Like
  1. The console is used to log information and to execute javascript. It is used in developing and debugging web applications.

2. You can most easily open the console in Chrome by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + J. In Firefox it’s Ctrl + Shift + K, and in both doing Ctrl + Shift + I will hide or show the developer tools.

3. This function sends output to the console.

4. You would write a javascript expression that adds or modifies elements of the page’s document.

newParagraph = document.createElement("p");
newParagraph.innerHTML = "Hello You Crazy Crypto World!";
document.body.appendChild(newParagraph);
1 Like
  1. To execute JS commands in the web page / HTML file.
  2. Control+Shift+I / cmd + option + J.
  3. Allows the user to log data.
  4. Via DOM.
1 Like
  1. It is used for experimenting on html websites
  2. Either find it in settings or by Ctrl + Shift + I
  3. It is storing information into the console
  4. I can write some code to influence the web page, but only for experimentating purposes, after reloading the page the changes disappear
1 Like

Hello everybody!
There is not much time for me to do the course. So I am really advancing slowly. But. The experience is great. I would love to write more but I got to go. I’m at 14% an just before the “console”-job. I’ll be back ; )

1 Like
  1. The Console is a development tool used by browsers for working with JavaScript. It provides the ability to write, manage and monitor JS when needed.

2.To open the Console in Chrome, go to the three dots, upper-right of the screen; select More Tools to Developer Tools. Clicking on Console with open JS Console.

3.The console.log function eliminates the need to continually click out of pop-up alerts.

1. Working with Console allows the ability to experiment with JS code within Html’s existing content. It is recommended to save wanted changes before reloading the page.