Bitcoin Core Introduction Discussion

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

0 Likes

Hi guys,

I dl’d bitcoin core for mac, but when I unzip I only get these maps.
Could it be that I don’t have enough disk space?
(on the website it says you need about 200GB space)

0 Likes

Hi Jebel
It looks to me you have downloaded linux version and not sure if it is going to work on mac. If you want it on mac just use following cli command assuming you have brew installed
brew install bitcoin
It installs binaries into /usr/local/bin

HTH
Marcin

1 Like

Hi krzak,

Edit*: I probably need to open the qt file to get the wallet interface.
When I try to do that I get a pop up saying can’t get a lock on the data map/folder.
Bitcoin core is is probably already running.
If I press ok than I get the message in Terminal saying ‘Process complete’ and nothing further happens

Initial Post*: That seems to work, however do I somewhere also have the wallet interface available somewhere in my folders as Ivan demonstrates in his lectures or do I now purely need to work with terminal?

Thx a lot brada

0 Likes

Guys hello.Runninig btc node on windows. I’ve installed bitcoin-qt on disk D , then changed in preferences the location of blocks on the same disk D, where I got 1tb free. but after few exercises from Frillip’s part I’ve found that I can’t tun btc node, cuz when running btc node from bash terminal ./bitcoid , It automativally creates “wallet” files and “blocks” folder to C:/user/AppData/rouming/Bitcoin . And that took entire space on my pc)))) but at the same time I’ve got “blocks” folder on disk D that weighs 230gb))
and when I try to start bitcoin-qt , it just loaded the blocks , but the wallet interface is not starting (((
I 've delelted all files from C disk. When run bitcoind from terminal it automatcally creates the same folder at disk C.
Maybe I have to change some config files ??
P/S/ I hope someone will inderstand what I’ve tried to explain ))

0 Likes

This is not working, my computer doesn’t have any memory left, so it probably does need 200GB space, I removed the app.

0 Likes

Hi guys!

What is the difference if I specify -printtoconsole or not, when I am running bitcoind (with mainnet, testnet and regtest) ?

0 Likes

I think the difference is that if you don’t put --printtoconsole flag , then the operation will be done without any output to your terminal window

0 Likes