Back-end Technologies – Reading Assignment
1. How does a back-end application normally store information?
On a server from a database.
2. Name a few things back-end developers need to do.
Writing server-side code
Writing code to interact with a database
Ensuring that the server-side code is secure and free of vulnerabilities
Ensuring that the server-side code is optimized enough to handle large volumes of traffic
Deploying the code online so that other people can use your service
3. What is a technology stack?
Technology stack is the combination of programming languages, tools and frameworks that the developers use to create web and mobile applications. A stack is created when one layer of application is built atop the other.
A stack contains different layers of components/servers that developers use to build software applications and solutions.
4. Name a popular back-end stack.
The back end consists of a server, an application (OS, Web server, Programming language, Web framework), and a database.
An example would be:
LAMP is the abbreviation for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Linux is the server operating system, Apache is the web server, MySQL is the database and P is for PHP, the scripting language.
5. Why is NodeJS convenient for front-end developers who want to start programming back-end?